Sunday, April 08, 2018

Decay

I am walking through
the decaying air
the broken home
the creaking stairs
where once we lived
when love was you
the baby’s room
which once was blue
the spiders, the webs
the dying dreamers
strewn about
confetti streamers
they have kept the sounds
of all our fears
the fading days
the dust of tears
the lifeless legs
of a rocking chair
still remember
the lullabies there
hush little baby
don’t you cry
mommy knows
why daddy lies
dissension lives
it cuts the skies
it breathes the air
it bleeds us dry
it leaves us here
no place to hide
hatred burns
a child’s eyes
acid tears
fuel the flames
broken home
feels the same
take the candle
ignite the shame
memories burn
until nothing remains

1 comment:

JMP said...

that makes me wanna puke. I have your stuff RSS'd. wish I could get my thoughts out like that.